PEDOMETER CHALLENGE 2020
In honor of Super Bowl 54, we will collectively walk for 5,400,000 cumulative steps.
- The goal of the pedometer challenge is to work as a group to amass 5,400,000 steps. Every person's steps count to achieve our goal.
- We'll provide updates so we can track our progress along the way. (See if you can find new ways to add steps to your daily total!)
Body Sculpting and Core Conditioning
Never touched a weight before? Coming back from a hiatus? We are ready to welcome you. This class is a non-aerobic, a muscle-toning class focused on core strength using dumbbells and exercise bands to give you strength and muscle tone. It can lower your risk of bone loss. Anyone can do it - just be sure and let the instructor know of any special considerations. (This class also includes a group who remain seated while exercising).
This class combines all standing cardio moves (i.e., knee lifts, grapevines, marches) with some upper body conditioning (light weights and/or exercise bands are optional). Instructions are easy to follow and the class is suitable for all fitness levels. Great class for all!!
Stretch and Strengthen
Using whole-body movements based on the fundamentals of Yoga and Pilates. It will leave you feeling centered and calm.
- Improve your joint flexibility and range of movement
- Increase your core strength
- Improve your cardiovascular function
- Burn calories
- Reduce your stress levels
- Provide a lasting sense of well-being and calm
- Focus your mind and raise your level of consciousness
The design of the class introduces easy-to-follow Zumba® choreography that focuses on balance, range of motion and coordination. Come ready to sweat, and prepare to leave empowered and feeling strong. This class recreates all the moves you love at a lower intensity. Great for beginners of all ages and older active adults. Positive benefits can include reducing body weight and other body measurements, as well as psychological and social benefits on quality of life.